Perhaps many of you have not heard much about Gwen Ellis, our Nursing Director and Assistant Medical Director of the CMI HOPE clinic.
And there is a reason for that. You see, Gwen does not seek recognition or glory for all the things she does, rather she lives and serves from a heart of deep compassion and conviction.
One of her favorite Bible verses is 1 Peter 4:10-11… “God’s gifts of grace come in many forms. Each of you has received a gift in order to serve others. You should use it faithfully…If anyone serves, they should do it with the strength God provides. Then in all things God will be praised”.
So we think it’s time for you to know more about this amazing woman who God is using to change thousands of lives in Bolivia…
Gwen is a single professional superwoman! She gave up her lucrative nursing and leadership career in the USA in order to devote her heart, time, life, and many talents to serve within a developing country.
There are so many rich words that describe Gwen:
- Deeply spiritual, possessing a genuine love for God and others (particularly the poor and hurting)
- Multi-Talented…an experienced nursing leader, a wedding/event planner, a children’s ministry coordinator, and bilingual
- Wise and mature
- Devoted, dedicated, and determined
- Disciplined…she runs marathons UP mountains and leads hiking/climbing adventures up to the highest peaks!
- Compassionate and nurturing servant and friend…you should see the children surround her!
- Intelligent and hardworking…the CMI clinic reflects her devotion to beauty and excellence
- Tireless teacher…she created a Nursing Assistant program in La Paz for impoverished youth.
- Beautiful, elegant, and gentle…yet also, fiercely passionate, strong, and steadfast.
There are many “faces” to HOPE worldwide Bolivia and often Gwen’s face remains unseen. Yet all of us here in Bolivia know without a doubt that HOPE worldwide Bolivia and the Centro Medicó International HOPE clinic would not exist without her.
You see, Gwen is not only the face of HOPE worldwide Bolivia…she is the very heart of all we do!
Please come visit, serve within, and support HOPE’s many health and social program initiatives here in La Paz! And while you’re at it, enjoy walking alongside of Gwen, learning from her.
We think you’ll be more like Jesus because of it!