Want to change the world? So often we don’t act because we feel like we have to do big things and have it all figured out, which is like planting ‘boulders’. But if we will just plant small seeds, God will make them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6-8). He knows how to change the world.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
– Leo Buscaglia
“Every action and every word plants something in every person’s life.”
So WHAT are seeds?
- Seeds are small but powerful. They are Small Efforts Everyday Sown. They are Smiles, Expressions, Encouragement, Donations, Serving. Watch the video below and be inspired:
WHO can plant them?
- Everyone! No matter what the age, economic or education level, sick or healthy, etc. Everyone can sow seeds!
WHEN do we plant them?
- Every day, as we go about our lives. Embrace every moment we have and look for ways to give to others.
WHERE do we plant them?
- Everywhere we go. There are no accidents about where we are and who we are with, who we happen to be sitting next to, walking by, standing in line next to, etc. God does not waste one moment of our lives…everything and everyone is significant. HE KNOWS who needs love, a kind word, encouragement, and HE PLACED us next to them. Therefore be intentional with every moment and every person. It’s all in God’s plan to love people everywhere.
WHY do we plant them?
- Because we all need love and we have been given so much, so let us sow unsparingly.
HOW do we plant them?
- Generously!!! With love, faith, and hope in our hearts…and WITHOUT WORRY! We never know what type of hearts we are sowing love into (Mark 4:1-20). We don’t know what type of pain, hurts, or heartaches are existing in the hearts and lives of others that we pass by. Remember, someone may have come by before me sowing seeds of God’s love, and now I am watering. And perhaps these people we pass by will begin to see, feel, or recognize God’s love and presence through these small seeds of kindness.
“With every deed you are sowing a seed, even if you don’t see the harvest.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Thank you for your love and support of our programs here in Bolivia for the poor and needy. If you enjoyed this blog post, please share it with a friend and inspire others to change the world with us!
Below is a video of just some of the ways we have been scattering seeds of love during the month of January here in La Paz.